HOT teams up with event organizers across the world to bring humanitarian open mapping to new people and places in 2022!
Since we announced our HOT unSummit approach for 2022, we have been busy developing collaborations with conference organizers across the world to bring the humanitarian open mapping focus and spirit of the HOT Summit to 1000s of new people in many new places.
Today, we are happy to announce our first confirmed unSummit programme collaborations, spanning twelve events across eleven countries!
More info on the specifics of the collaboration and support between HOT and the various event organizing committees will be coming soon, but here is the initial schedule for the unSummit world tour!
- 19 August : State of the Map - Florence, Italy
- 22 August : FOSS4G - Florence Italy
- 26 August : Ensemble pour la cartographie participative - Butembo, DRC
- 19 September : National Meeting of Geography Students (ENEG) - Guanajuato, Mexico
- 24 October : GeONG - Chambery, France
- 30 October : Popular & Collaborative Disaster Risk Management and OpenStreetMap - Lima, Peru
- 31 October : Teto Brasil annual gathering + Cidade em Foco (City in Focus) - São Paulo, Brazil
- 11 November : Conference Internationale sur la digitalisation des Territoires (CIDT) - Bamako, Mali
- 21 November : State of the Map Asia / Pista ng Mapa - location tbc, Philippines
- 24 November : CAFDO3 - Tunis, Tunisia
- 28 November : Pacific Geospatial Conference - Suva, Fiji
- Date tbc : Kombi Kartografi / SotM Haiti - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
We are also happy to announce support for the Geochicas & Women+ in Geospatial Take Firenze! networking event at FOSS4G in Florence, Italy on 23 August.
We fully expect more event collaborations to be added to this list in the weeks to come, so watch this space for more updates. And, a huge thanks to all of the events organizers and communities who have engaged with us throughout the last few months. Regardless of whether we were able to work together or not, it is humbling to see the passion that so many people in the open geo / humanitarian space bring to their work.
What is the HOT unSummit?
In our ongoing mission to bring together communities, partners, collaborators, and supporters of humanitarian open mapping, we are trying a fresh approach to the HOT Summit. Instead of hosting a single event, this year we are investing our time and resources in supporting global, regional, and local conferences and community events around the world to bring the spirit of the Summit to thousands of new people.
We are calling this the “HOT unSummit,” emphasizing the continuity of this new approach with HOT’s flagship annual event without claiming a ‘higher ground’ compared to the events we partner and collaborate with.