Timeframe: Ongoing, as-needed assignments
Location: Remote; we welcome applications from any geographic location
Projected start date: Ongoing, as-needed assignments
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is a US-based NGO and global community of thousands of volunteers working together to use maps and open data for humanitarian response and the Sustainable Development Goals. As the world’s preeminent participatory mapping NGO, HOT has fostered a global mapping community composed of more than 175,000 people with ground operations in eight countries. When major disaster strikes anywhere in the world, HOT rallies this global network to create the maps and data that enable responders to reach those in need.
HOT is seeking individuals who have native or advanced language skills in English and a second language to assist in translating training materials, reports, and other documents on an as-needed basis.
Languages Desired: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Swahili, Filipino. Individuals with other language backgrounds encouraged to apply.
- Translates written documents from English to a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning;
- Provides written subtitles and/or audio translations for multimedia outputs, such as videos, podcasts, etc.;
- In some cases, corresponds with individual inquiries on behalf of HOT where a translator is necessary to discuss training needs, mapping projects, etc.;
- Consults with technical experts / HOT staff to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately.
- Native or advanced written and verbal language skills in English and a second language required;
- Detail-oriented, with high levels of accuracy;
- Responsive to communication from HOT staff;
- Ability to work according to mutually established deadlines.
How to Apply
- To express interest in this volunteer role, please complete the online application. Please FOLLOW LINK after form submission TO UPLOAD CV.