Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to: Indonesian Country Manager
HOT is collaborating on a USAID, Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) funded program together with the University of Hawaii: Pacific Disaster Centre (PDC) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT): PetaBencana to support the Government of Indonesia: Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana (BNPB). The program is focused on the development of InAWARE, a disaster management tool, aimed at improving overall risk assessment, early-warning, and disaster-management decision making in Indonesia.
A well established relationship between PDC and the Indonesian national disaster management agency, BNPB, led to the development of a customised version of the DisasterAWARE system for Indonesia. Initiated in 2013, InAWARE provides hazard monitoring, disaster early warning, and decision support capabilities to disaster managers in Indonesia at both the national and provincial levels. Early in 2016, a second phase of the program was approved, focusing on the enhancement of crowdsourced data derived by the PetaBencana tool and the collection of key disaster management planning and response data by HOT in Surabaya, Jakarta and Semarang for incorporation into InAWARE.
To assist in outreach and communications, HOT seeks to hire a Communication Specialist for this program.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for coordinating outreach for InAWARE and other relevant HOT projects in Indonesia. This entails:
- Creating and coordinating content on OpenStreetMap.or.id with the community and HOT team.
- Administering both conventional and new media presence through writing press releases and social media activities, including on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and other platforms.
- Organizing conference outreach through booths and presentations from InAWARE team.
- Leading the development of use cases and white papers regarding OSM in Indonesia.
- Creating print and marketing materials
- Coordinating HOT related communications and outreach outside of Indonesia.
- Working with HOT team to create marketing and How-to videos.
This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia, with the primary place of work being at HOT Indonesia’s workspace. Depending on the grant requirements, there might be some travel within and outside Indonesia. The position is currently funded until the end of September 2019, with possible extension.
- At least two years professional experience with communications and marketing in Indonesia.
- Skilled in technical writing and able to assist monthly project reporting.
- Ability to manage and execute communications strategy, including through social media outreach.
- Previous experience in mass media outreach, such as writing press releases.
- Experience in video blog shooting and editing.
- Ability to create graphic design, such as flyers and infographics (preferably with open source tools).
- Able to manage community meetup and other form of engagement.
- Experience / substantive knowledge in disaster response, open data or open source is strongly desired.
- Able to speak and write professionally in Bahasa Indonesia and in English.
Send cover letter, CV, portfolio and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31st, 2018 23:59PM WIB. Portfolio should contain examples of blog posts, flyers, press releases and other materials from outreach campaigns.