Contract terms: Full-time (part-time candidates will be considered with availability of 30+ hrs a week)
Location/Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Closes: October 16, 2020
Projected start date: November 1, 2020
Reports to: Global Senior Finance Manager and Regional Hub Director
Travel: Approximately 20% (within the region)
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is a US-based NGO and global community of thousands of volunteers working together to use maps and open data for humanitarian response and the Sustainable Development Goals. As the world’s preeminent participatory mapping NGO, HOT has fostered a global mapping community composed of more than 250,000 people with ground operations in eight countries. When major disaster strikes anywhere in the world, HOT rallies this global network to create the maps and data that enable responders to reach those in need. HOT works closely with humanitarian and development partners including the Red Cross, Médecins Sans Frontières, World Bank, and UN OCHA, among others. HOT is excited to expand regional support in SE Asia with the opening of our Hub in Manila, as part of the Audacious Project.
HOT is looking for someone passionate about, and experienced in, international development and humanitarian action. You should be able to work within a fast-paced, international organization responding to urgent crises and persistent development issues. You should be excited about working with an international team and ready to travel to work with different teams in the field. You should be familiar with the operations and internal functions of international NGOs and knowledgeable about the sector. You will work on a broad range of tasks and projects and have exposure to all aspects of the functioning of the organization and support the opening of our Hub office in Manila.
In consultation with the Senior Global Finance Manager you will advise and/or assist the Regional Hub Director in formulating and implementing Finance and Administration programs, policies, procedures, and processes for the HOT Team within the SE Asia Region. You will also support the execution and closeout of a USAID-funded project through 2021. As first point of contact for all general Finance and Administration related queries you will address and/or redirect queries as appropriate on the below scope of responsibilities.
Payables and Banking
- Manage or coordinate all accounts payable for the regional office and, where necessary, in coordination with HOT Global.
- Carry out all necessary checks to ensure compliance with HOT procedures as well as donors and other rules and regulations.
- Monitor and reconcile all bank accounts.
- Translate accounting documents as needed.
- Support the opening and management of a local bank account.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by the line manager with regard to payments, banking etc.
Data processing and Accounting
- Post all transactions to the system on a daily basis, with strict compliance to HOT standard finance procedures and donor regulations
- Verify correct account codes are used for all transactions.
- Perform the month end closing of accounting books (completeness, accuracy and timeliness required).
- Review and submit accurate and timely cash Forecast for the regional hub.
- Advise the Senior Global Finance Manager on anticipating any treasury risks and resolving difficulties.
- If assigned, manage a petty cash and ensure reconciliation and cash counts are conducted at month end or when replenishing from the bank.
- Coordinate with the Senior Global Finance Manager on the monthly accounting submission and closing.
- Assist the Senior Global Finance Manager to prepare various financial reports and analysis, regularly and as needed.
- Support project budget holders on budget preparation, control and monitoring.
- Assist the Senior Global Finance Manager to monitor budget implementation with Program managers.
Risk Management and Internal Control
- Ensure timely dissemination and adherence of HOT Finance procedures among all budget holders; carry out trainings with the regional team, as needed
- Ensure the implementation of internal control processes in accordance with internal financial procedures
- Support the Senior Global Finance Manager to respond to financial audit recommendations or queries.
Regional Finance Training & Support
- In collaboration with the finance team at HOT develop and adapt training materials for regional awardees.
- Carry out trainings for regional awardees and provide ongoing support related to budget development and monitoring, accounting, fiscal management and relevant business development activities.
- A Bachelor’s or greater degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, Commerce, or in a related field
- Passionate about humanitarian action and international development
- Knowledge and experience with USAID rules and regulations are highly desirable
- 5-7 years finance experience in non-profit or non-governmental organizations
- 3-5 year experience working internationally, in the region or globally
- Proven experience leading a team or leading training activities
- Familiarity with QuickBooks will be a plus
- Quick learning and adoption of new systems, softwares and processes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good sense of humour and willingness to learn
Compensation & Benefits
- HOT values salary transparency and equity. All HOT salaries globally are set according to a framework detailed on our website.
- HOT offers a work-from-anywhere culture, flexible working arrangements, a variety of health care options, retirement savings plans, and 24 days of annual leave for all full-time employees, in addition to 12 paid holidays.
Please complete the form linked here. Continue to the second page to upload your CV/resume. Your CV/resume should not exceed 2 pages. If invited to an interview, expect to hear by mid to late October via email. Please check junk/spam folder.