Contract terms: Full-time (though part-time candidates will be considered with availability of 30+ hrs a week)
Location/Duty Station: Remote
Deadline: November 3, 2020
Projected start date: December 1, 2020
Reports to: Senior Talent Manager
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is a US-based NGO and global community of thousands of volunteers working together to use maps and open data for humanitarian response and the Sustainable Development Goals. As the world’s preeminent participatory mapping NGO, HOT has fostered a global mapping community composed of more 269,000 people with ground operations in eight countries. When major disaster strikes anywhere in the world, HOT rallies this global network to create the maps and data that enable responders to reach those in need. HOT works closely with humanitarian and development partners including the Red Cross, Médecins Sans Frontières, World Bank, and UN OCHA, among others. HOT is excited to expand its work via the Audacious Project.
HOT is looking for someone passionate about, and experienced in, international development and humanitarian action. You should be able to work within a fast-paced, international organization responding to urgent crises and persistent development issues. You should be familiar with the operations and internal functions of international NGOs and knowledgeable about the sector. You will work on a broad range of tasks and projects and have exposure to all aspects of the functioning of the organization. You should have a proven record of talent sourcing at an international level.
In consultation with the Senior Talent Manager you will advise and/or assist in formulating and implementing HR programs, policies, procedures, and processes for HOT Teams globally. As first point of contact for all general HR-related queries, you will address and/or redirect queries as appropriate on the following scope of responsibilities.
Talent sourcing and onboarding:
- Coordinate organisational change processes and advise managers on the development of appropriate organisational structures that meet business needs
- Enhance HOT’s visibility on social media platforms by proactively creating diverse talent communities that support HOT’s future talent needs via Brand Champions, Marketing Campaigns, Editorial Calendars on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Podcasts
Manage the end to end recruitment processes for staff whilst maintaining the highest standard of candidates, diversity, fairness, and transparency of processes. This includes:
- Ensuring appropriate job definition and job advertisement processes;
- Conducting longlisting and shortlisting of candidates and scheduling (and sometimes conducting) interviews;
- Working with the Hiring Manager, Finance department, Senior Talent Manager, and Operations team to finalize offer letters and contracts;
- Assisting in procuring background, due diligence, and reference checks;
- Supporting the onboarding process by gathering personal documents and information of new hires and scheduling onboarding trainings
- Provide advice around implementation of HOT Staff guidelines within various countries, ensuring compliance with country-specific labour laws, including the US where HOT is headquartered
- Inform and advise managers and staff on HR policies, processes and procedures and ensure compliance with these by identifying and communicating the legal and financial risks and other possible consequences of non-compliance, including for the US
- Ensure that all aspects of HR Admin, including both e-filing and physical filing, are efficiently managed in accordance with the country-specific labour law requirements
- Play a proactive role in creating a performance-oriented culture by ensuring that managers and staff are trained in the HOT performance management process
- Proactively work with managers to identify staff performance gaps and relevant development needs, and define appropriate training and development plans and actions
- In collaboration with line management, identify key talents, develop potential career progression paths, and sustainable succession plans
Compensation and Benefits:
- Support Country Teams in the administration of HOT benefits packages (retirement plans, leave policies, medical insurance cover, etc.)
- Initiate and implement staff well-being activities
- When required, facilitate the timely management and resolution of conflicts and consult with the Senior Talent Manager on best practices
- Ensure existing staff complete exit formalities, including by conducting exit interviews. Share findings as suitable and take follow-up actions as needed
- Post graduate qualification in International Relations, International Development, Non-Profit Management, Social Sciences, or similar
- Passionate about humanitarian action and international development
- Minimum 5 years experience in non-profit, non-governmental organizations, and international systems
- Familiarity with HRIS, quick learning and adoption of new systems, softwares and processes
- Certification and/or experience in US HR policies
- Experience providing remote support in Human Resources administration within a culturally diverse client base
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language required
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish or French is an advantage
- A good sense of humour and willingness to learn
Compensation & Benefits
- HOT values salary transparency and equity. All HOT salaries globally are set according to a framework detailed on our website.
- HOT offers a work-from-anywhere culture, flexible working arrangements, a variety of health care options, retirement savings plans, and 24 days of annual leave for all full-time employees, in addition to 12 paid holidays.
Please complete the form linked here. Continue to the second page to upload your CV/resume. Your CV/resume should not exceed 2 pages. If invited to an interview, expect to hear by early to mid November via email. HOT will notify all candidates on the status of their application at the end of the hiring process. Please check your junk/spam folder.