Reports to: Partnerships Manager
Contract duration: This is a full time and long-term role. Initial contract will be for six months, with possibility to extend based on performance.
Projected start date: 13 July 2020
Location/Duty Station: This is a remote working position, candidates must overlap at least six hours of their working day with UTC -6 time zone
Travel: Up to 10%
About Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is a Washington, D.C. based NGO and global community of thousands of volunteers working together to use maps and open data for humanitarian response and the Sustainable Development Goals. As the world’s preeminent participatory mapping NGO, HOT has fostered a global mapping community composed of more than 200,000 people with ground operations in five countries. When disaster strikes anywhere in the world, HOT rallies this global network to create the maps and data that enable responders to reach those in need, serving humanitarian partners such as UNHCR, American Red Cross, and MSF.
About the Position
- HOT is searching for a Partnerships Associate to join our Partnerships and Community team. The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Support management of activities for HOT partner organisations in Latin America, the United States and the Caribbean; supporting community events, corporate partners, and NGO partners.
- Coordinate with counterparts performing the same role in Europe and Asia time zones
- Lead regular Train the Trainer sessions to help partner organisations to launch and lead mapathons
- Lead regular mapathons both virtually and in-person whenever possible
- Create training resources for partner mapping events as and when needed
- Monitor impact and create communications to share the impact of volunteer activities partner organisations deliver
- Provide support to Global YouthMappers network as needed
- Occasional conference or event attendance
- Administrative support coordinating events and travel
- Assistance drafting text for donor reports
Our preferred candidate is comfortable working in a very fast paced, startup-like environment with a highly motivated and unconventional team. A pro-active, positive, go-getting nature is essential. You should thrive in an environment where you direct your own day-to-day tasks in support of HOT’s mission,together with a team of staff and volunteers. You can choose your own office location or to work from home and should love working with remote teams as you’ll spend significant time on the phone, Slack, and Skype.
Essential requirements include:
- A minimum of two years full-time work experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated experience working in the NGO sector (in a formal role, as a volunteer, or through corporate volunteering/Corporate Social Responsibility programs)
- Experience with OpenStreetMap and using the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Tasking Manager
- Excellent presentation skills and able to lead engaging presentations both online and in-person
- Highly organised and able to manage working across multiple time zones
- Proven ability to work independently and lead activities
- Excellent attention to detail and coordination skills
- Flexible, honest and reliable
- Strong personal interest in humanitarian action/aid and sustainable development
Desirable (but not essential):
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Experience supporting cross-sector partnerships
- GIS background
- Prior experience working in remote/virtual environments
- Prior experience in events management and coordination, including virtual volunteering initiatives similar to the Missing Maps project
- Ability to speak Portuguese
HOT values salary transparency and equity. All HOT salaries globally are set according to a framework detailed on our website: https://www.hotosm.org/salaries HOT is a leader in flexible working arrangements. As a young, innovative, and open organization, we provide ample space and opportunity for personal initiative and growth.
Please complete the linked form by June 21, 2020. Continue to the second page to upload your CV/resume. Your CV/resume should not exceed 2 pages.