Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team US is requesting proposals from firms to provide audit services for our organization for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2021. A description of our organization, the services needed, and other pertinent information follow:
The Organization is a tax exempt 501(c) non-profit. Annual revenues are budgeted at $ 8 million, and the organization has a staff of about 100 people in various locations around the world. Major sources of revenue include the U.S. federal government, the World Bank, and corporate donors, among others. Projects are carried out in a number of countries and the Organization has field offices in 3 countries. The Organization has a December 31 fiscal year-end and uses Quickbooks Online for its general ledger/accounting software. All of the Organization’s financial records are stored virtually and we have a small finance team in Washington, DC. Last year, the Organization met the threshold for a Single Audit with the U.S. Government.
We anticipate being prepared for the organization-wide audit for FY 2021 by May 16, 2022.
Services to Be Performed
We expect your proposal to include the following services:
- Organization-wide audit for the year ending December 31, 2021
- Attend or conduct calls and meetings with HOT staff and board members, where applicable
- Preparation of form 990, its related schedules, and submission of all tax filings
- Performance of a Single Audit in accordance to the Uniform Guidance rules
- Other recommended services
Your Response to This Request for Proposal
Your response must include a reply to each of the numbered requirements below and should not exceed 8 pages in length.
- Provide an executive summary of the reasons why the Organization should engage your firm to provide audit and tax services. Please include your total fee and your recommendations on the services you would provide the Organization in the executive summary.
- Provide a very brief background of the firm, including years in business, number of employees, and experience with nonprofits similar in scope to the Organization.
- Describe your firm’s method of compliance with the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996.
- Describe your firm’s experience with Uniform Guidance and provide the names and contact information for three clients similar to the Organization.
- Disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest that your firm may have with our Organization
- Provide a brief but realistic timeline for planning, fieldwork, and expected completion of the audit, delivery of the financial statements, management letter, and tax returns.
- Identify the engagement team that will be performing our audit and include their experience serving nonprofits.
- Set forth your fee proposal for the above scope of work, breaking out each component within that scope. Describe how you will bill for out-of-scope work or special projects, if any.
- Briefly describe non-audit services offered by your firm.
- Please include your peer review report with your proposal.
The following are key organizational staff that you may contact regarding any questions as you prepare your proposal. Please note that April 15, 2022 is the last day to ask questions:
Liz Chamberlain, Director of Finance, email@example.com
Seka Ellepo, Senior Finance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receipt of your proposal is close of business on April 18, 2022. Please send an electronic copy of your proposal to the key personnel above.
Evaluation of Proposals
The organization will evaluate proposals based on institutional/staffing capability and experience, demonstrated understanding of the scope of work, acceptable schedule, service record, and fees. Proposals will be reviewed in-house as they are received. Two or three firms may be contacted to discuss their proposal with senior management. We expect to make a final decision by May 4, 2022.