Welcome to our first blog post! We will be using this space to share stories from HOT Tech Team’s world and talk about ways in which our team plays a strong role in HOT's mission.
For those who don’t know the Tech Team, we work on development and maintenance of some tools used by the HOT and OpenStreetMap communities, like Tasking Manager, Map Campaigner, OpenMapKit-Server and Export Tool.
So you can expect stories around:
- technical challenges we solve;
- general release updates on our products;
- our work culture while being a remote distributed team.
And we hope you can get a holistic picture of what it’s like working at HOT. We are excited to share and hear from you. If you are interested in working with us, please visit our jobs page.
Let’s start presenting our team:
- Bo Percival is the Director of Tech and Innovation, based in Geneva - “I joined HOT because of what HOT does, but what I appreciate most now is who HOT is. A community of individuals dedicated to radical openness and unconditional inclusion. I am so fortunate to be able a support a team who prioritise our principles and people in all our projects.”
- Dakota Benjamin is a Devops Specialist based in NYC - “I am most satisfied knowing that HOT is providing a service that enables everybody to put their own communities on the map. We do humanitarianism responsibly by engaging people and giving them autonomy over their data.“
- Jorge Martinez is a developer based in Colombia - “HOT is a group of people from different places that share a common goal. I am glad to be part of this, committing into different projects, which are open and widely used by different organizations and communities.”
- Ramya Ragupathy is a Developer based in Bengaluru - “HOT’s mission, and commitment to open-source keeps me engaged and excited. Variety of stakeholders and the diverse team that we interact with on a daily basis ensures that no day is like any other, and we’re constantly focused on improving our community, which gives a positive feeling at the end of each day .”
- Wille Marcel is a Product Owner based in Brazil - “The main reason I work for HOT is because I share the passion for OpenStreetMap, Open Source and making the world a better place. Furthermore, I really appreciate the friendly, joyful and respectful culture we have at HOT.”
We also have on our team Cristiano Giovando, a Technical Project Manager, based in Italy, and Yogesh Girikumar, a Devops Specialist based in Chennai, India.
Stay tuned to read more about our work!