In the realm of education, championing the utilization of open mapping tools within schools emerges as a transformative initiative. The OM4A initiative advocates and actively enables students and educators to engage in the creation and contribution of impactful cartographic data that addresses real-world issues.
We are catalysts for technological innovation in education, engaging teachers, and enabling students in low-resource settings. Our mission is to create and leverage open map data for active learning, community engagement, and to nurture the next generation of mappers.
WHY IT MATTERS
- Transformative Education: Your contribution directly impacts the education of 15-18-year-old students in schools facing ICT limitations, with a special focus on marginalized populations such as indigenous and girls.
- Localized Impact: We adapt training to meet local needs, linking it to core competencies in social studies, citizenship and science, as well as more disciplines, ensuring relevance to the communities we serve.
- Practical Application: Teachers and students participate in field and remote mapping projects focusing on STEM, climate, gender and equality, humanitarian, social issues and actively solving real-world problems.
- Introduce open mapping tools
- Train teachers and students in schools with limited ICT capacity
- Providing technical support and building relationships with teachers during the mapping project
- Adapt training to local needs and context
- Link to core competencies in education curriculum
IMPACT SO FAR
Join us in making a lasting impact. Your support is an investment in education, with your support you will contribute to create empowered, resilient communities.